[tei-council] rdg content model

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:38:52 EDT 2007

Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
> Here is a link to my proposal for expanding the content model for
> rdg/lem:
> http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/Research/a-proposal-for-including-chunk-inter-and-div-level-children-of-teirdg-and-tei-lemma
>
> The proposal is very straightforward: add the ability for chunk, div,
> and text level elements to appear as children of rdg. I've provided
> examples of each from the apparatus to the Riverside Chaucer, since
> there was some doubt that such collations actually existed.

I like this a lot, since I have banging my head at this very problem a
couple of times.  Purist might wince that this gives you much more
changes to shoot yourself in the foot, but we have to take some risks in
life.   I was wondering though, if you would allow parts of the
apparatus nest, for example
 <app>
  <rdg wit="#w3"> We have some other stuff</rdg>
 </app>

> Finally I make a smaller suggestion that since, as has been pointed out
> here, lem and rdg are extremely similar, we should put lem in
> model.rdgLike. It is not at all clear to me why we so emphatically
> exclude it (we mention this exclusion in the narrative).

+1

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern