[tei-council] non-enumerated type= attributes (was "Re: type= of <re>")

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Jul 29 00:40:05 EDT 2007

I found that there are 8 definitions of type= that are not
data.enumerated:

* att.typed -- fixed (also subtype=)

* <witDetail> -- was 1 to infinite occurences of data.word; changed
  to 1 occurence of data.enumerated. I'm not sure, but some may think
  this should stay (rather than become att.typed) because of useful
  info in <valDesc>, so left it in tagdoc for now.

* att.pointing -- changed to data.enumerated, but did not make it a
  member of att.typed because <valDesc> is helpful

* <cit> -- changed to data.enumerated. Some possible values are given
  in the <desc>. Either should become a member of att.typed, or those
  values should be moved to a <valList>.

* <colloc> -- added to att.typed, deleted type= attribute

* <lbl> -- same as with <cit>, except sample values are in <valDesc>;
  also one of the values had a space, changed to underscore

* <re> -- added to att.typed, deleted type= attribute

* <restore> -- changed to data.enumerated. <desc> provides useful
  information.

//tei:attDef[@ident='type']/tei:datatype[not(child::rng:ref[@name='data.enumerated'])]