[tei-council] divWrapping: summary and question

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:59:16 EDT 2007

> Does option b have a particularly onerous cost? And under what
> circumstances would we refer to top and bottom separately?

No, the cost of option (b) is not particularly onerous. The cost is
really only that the content model (which is already quite a tangle)
is that much more complicated.

Honestly, I can't think of any reason we'd want to refer to the "top
only" elements without the "top or bottom" elements. But I guess
that, unlike John, I wasn't brave enough to commit to that :-)