[tei-council] Formatting of the Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 10:21:09 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:

>   What programmer is it you're
> referring to?
I was assuming you were goinng do dump on me :-}

> Sorry, I don't buy that.  While it is true that these are free-standing
> webpages, the reason Guidelines have the the TEI logo in the top right-hand
> corner , the title in the place where it is, a navbar, a 'Skip Links' link,
> etc. is to make them fit in with the current website.
you reckon? not in my book.
>  I don't believe it
> is in the remit of looking at the formatting of the Guidelines to redesign
> the super-structure in which it is placed.  Surely the layout of the title,
> etc., are going to have to change to fit in with whatever Virginia come up
> with as the new website.
what about the people who view them locally?
> Surely you can't be suggesting
> that, users should be presented with an entirely different look and feel to
> the superstructure of the page than the rest of the TEI site?

"entirely", no; "different", yes possibly. this sort of material
is very different from the normal run of the mill stuff on the TEI site.

I might well argue that the Guidelines web site should be quite
distinct from the Consortium, possibly a different server,
alongside eg Roma.