[tei-council] on <gloss> clean-up

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 04:09:23 EDT 2007

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I thought this action was actually
rather simple, if tedious.

foreach *Spec

a) does it have a name which is not an ordinary english word or phrase?

b) if it does, there should be no gloss; if there is a gloss, zap it and
move on.

c) if it does not have such a name, does it have a gloss which explains
the *spec name ? if so, move on; if not, create one

I guess this should take an average of 1 minute per *spec, so that makes
about 400 minutes. OK you need meal breaks, time to look out of the
window and think of higher things, etc. But I still don't see how it can
take more than a couple of days.

So I must be missing something. Please expound!