[tei-council] on <gloss> clean-up

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Jun 15 14:43:37 EDT 2007

I think your algorithm is exactly right, it's just the loop control
that needs to be expanded:

  foreach *Spec or attDef or valItem

And two additional steps, inserted before (a):

  i) does it already have a <desc> which glosses the name of the item being
     defined? If so, change it to <gloss>

 ii) does it already have a <gloss> which describes the semantics of
     the item being described? If so, change it to <desc>