[tei-council] Tite for real

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 5 18:24:34 EDT 2007

have a look at
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite.odd
and consider

http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite1.xml?style=xml
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite2.xml?style=xml
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite3.xml?style=xml
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite4.xml?style=xml
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/Test/testtite5.xml?style=xml

these are all representations of a test Tite document,
showing how the different namespace needed for the
syntactic sugar elements in Tite can be handled. They
all validate against a RELAXNG or XSD schema, but not
all against the a DTD. testtite4.xml shows what a
DTD-friendly version looks like - the DTD provides
all the xmlns declarations.

I'll have more to say on this, but I wanted to show
concrete examples of what genuine Tite documents
might look like, if we follow the proposal.

For the cognoscenti, in Guidelines/Exemplars you
can find make-acdc.xsl, which is an XSLT script
to generate an XSLT transform from the <equiv>
elements in testtite.odd, which makes a genuinely conformant
TEI document from a TEI Tite one.

I'm now off to bed and then away on holiday for a day,
so don't expect me to answer questions on this until
late Monday :-}