[tei-council] Conformance .... the continuing saga

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 14 03:49:51 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> apropos of a thread I saw somewhere, the cognoscenti will
> remember that I gave a talk at XML Europe in 2004 demonstrating
> how to merge TEI and Docbook, using pure RELAX NG fragments
>
> stuff like this:
>
> include "Schema/figures.rnc" {
>  datatype.Formula = mathml.math
>  formula.attributes =
>    attribute id { datatype.ID }?,
>    attribute notation { formulaNotations }?,
>    attribute type { text }?
> }
>
> (not up to date, obviously).
>
> Just in case anyone doubted that customizing the TEI
> in pure RELAX NG is relatively easy, and has been done.

I never doubt that this was possible or something that some people would
do.  Because your subject line relates this to conformance, I'm assuming
that your implication is that we should reconsider the requirement of
ODD for conformance?  Does the fact that this is fairly easy, and has
been done previously, affect the council's decision that an ODD is
required for conformance?

-James