[tei-council] Conformance .... the continuing saga

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 13 16:39:47 EDT 2007

apropos of a thread I saw somewhere, the cognoscenti will
remember that I gave a talk at XML Europe in 2004 demonstrating
how to merge TEI and Docbook, using pure RELAX NG fragments

stuff like this:

include "Schema/figures.rnc" {
  datatype.Formula = mathml.math
  formula.attributes =
    attribute id { datatype.ID }?,
    attribute notation { formulaNotations }?,
    attribute type { text }?
}

(not up to date, obviously).

Just in case anyone doubted that customizing the TEI
in pure RELAX NG is relatively easy, and has been done.