[tei-council] New version of ND checked in

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Apr 13 07:21:10 EDT 2007

> mh...before continuing proofreading, I have a doubt here. In Lou's
> latest XML (downloaded from the trunk) I can see:
> <specList><specDesc key="att.naming" atts="key nimKey"/></specList>
>
> However, on Syd's server (at
> http://bauman.zapto.org/~syd/temp/Guidelines-web/en/html/ND.html) I only
> see:
>
> att.naming provides attributes common to elements which refer to named
> persons, places, organizations etc.
> key	provides a means of locating a full definition for the entity being
> named such as a database record key or a URI.
>
> i.e. nimKey is not there.
>
> Why is that? Are the two files real mirrors?

I think because of a mis-match in spelling. The <specDesc> in
ND-namesdates.xml is asking for information about the attribute
nimKey=. The <classSpec> in att.naming.xml defines the nymKey=
attribute.