[tei-council] conformance draft

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:07:18 EDT 2007

First of all, especially for those of you who were not at the 2004
meeting in Paris, it is mildly amusing to note that once again
Sebastian & I have traded places ... in Paris I was the lone voice
for permitting users to stitch together a Relax NG schema as they
might not have an ODD processor handy. But now, I think James may
have convinced me that even if the schema lends itself to such
stitching, the definition of Conformance should be through ODD.

> >> is such a bad thing? Surely this customising can still be done
> >> with RELAXNG inside an ODD?

This is not at all clear to me. We haven't developed any rules,
guidelines, suggestions, hooks, or any such things for how this would
be done, have we? Could someone hack a TEI Relax NG schema so that it
made use of Relax NG features that ODD does not support?