[Fwd: Re: [tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity]

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Apr 3 13:00:29 EDT 2007

> Err, actually I think there is quite a lot less confusion in
> explaining that they need to turn that into something like this:
>
> <text xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
> xmlns:mine="http://mynamespace.org">
>    <text>
>        <head>Blue</head>
>        <mine:thingie>thing</mine:thingie> I am
>        interested in encoding</p>
>    </text>

If I understand you correctly, you are absolutely right, and have
reiterated the point I was making. If by default Roma gives them a
schema for

    <tei:body>
      <tei:head>Blue</tei:head>
      <tei:p>My encoded text with <thingy>the thing</thingy> I am
      interested in encoding</tei:p>
    </tei:body>

(i.e., only new added elements in null namespace) when what they
would have really wanted is that which you posted (new added elements
in new non-null namespace), they're going to be confused or unhappy
(or both). Therefore, I do not think Roma should use the null
namespace as a default for newly added elements.