[Fwd: Re: [tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity]

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 13:04:41 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Therefore, I do not think Roma should use the null
> namespace as a default for newly added elements.

I think we all agree on this.

I will make the field have a default of "-" (say),
and make this illegal. They have to put in some
text other than - or something which does not
start with "http://www.tei-c.org/", or they can
consciously empty it.

people who really want to force it to add elemnets
in the TEI namespace have to edit the ODD by hand.