[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 16:44:27 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> James Cummings wrote:
>>
>> I believe when I suggested this earlier a number of people argued
>> against it because having it have the appearance of being part of the
>> TEI NS URI might imply approval or condoning of these changes.
> I can't say I buy that. By using the TEI NS URI, we  are saying that these
> are intended to be  used with the TEI, but are not the TEI. But I don't
> mind if there is an alternative algorithm.

I could be convinced by that argument.  It also means that
http://www.tei-c.org/ns/$NAME is under our control and we can put a page at
http://www.tei-c.org/ns/* (that isn't 1.0) saying that it is a user-defined
namespace and the TEI is not responsible for it.

>> Maybe something like http://www.ProjectName.info/ns/$VersionNumber ?
> where does $VersionNumber come from?

Was assuming they'd add it just as they add ProjectName (as the name of the file)

-James