[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 16:37:58 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:

> I believe when I suggested this earlier a number of people argued
> against it because having it have the appearance of being part of the
> TEI NS URI might imply approval or condoning of these changes.
I can't say I buy that. By using the TEI NS URI, we  are saying that these
are intended to be  used with the TEI, but are not the TEI. But I don't mind
if there is an alternative algorithm.
> I can see how some would abuse this, or how it might be confusing.
>
> Maybe something like http://www.ProjectName.info/ns/$VersionNumber ?

where does $VersionNumber come from?

the problem with http://www.ProjectName.info/ns is that people have
a minimal expectation of namespaces being human readable
(for good or bad). If I had a "ProjectName" to hand, I could use it,
I agree.