[tei-council] New draft editorial guidelines

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 06:13:52 EST 2007

As a preliminary to unwrapping the easter egg Sebastian has just offered
  you all, Council members might like to have a quick read through the
document on Editorial Guidelines which I posted on the web yesterday.
It's at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/editorial.xml

The document is an updating of  sage advice prepared by the TEI Editors
in days of yore (i.e. about 9 years ago) and still accessible in the
Vault as edw55.tei if you don't believe me. I have added a little about
how I think we ought to do things now, and removed anything which is
definitely superannuated, but the important parts of the "house rules"
for writing P5 are unchanged. Please bear them in mind as you review
your chapters!

I'd be grateful for suggestions as to (a) rules missing from the
document which should be added (b) rules which we no longer believe in.

Note that a biggish chunk of the document is taken from one of the
chapters of the Guidelines (AB), so the two need to be kept in step.