[tei-council] a chance in a million for a lucky Council member

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 28 19:41:18 EST 2007

James Cummings wrote:
> Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
>> I wonder if this might not need more than just two people: there are a
>> number of issues here: information design, layout, output formats (HTML
>> +/or PDF), stylesheet design, etc., etc., etc.
>>
>> It seems to me that this might profitably be seen as a group of people
>> working under a lead who take complete ownership of the problem and
>> deliver by the milestone.
>>
>> There are other groups/deadlines coming. You can see them at the Trac
>> site: http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/trac.cgi/roadmap
>>
>> If Dot and James want to lead this that would be superb. But perhaps we
>> could put together a larger workgroup?
>
> I think that this already is the case in some ways.  The council as a
> whole is the larger workgroup.  If Dot and I work in a focused fashion
> to produce something and then report back to Council, for opinions,
> etc., then revise what we've produced with those suggestions in mind,
> then that has the same effect in many ways.  Rather than splintering the
> task amongst a larger number of people, I wanted to keep it fairly
> tightly-knit.  As you say there are lots of other milestones that need
> working on, and if Dot and I take away this one, then some of the other
> council members can work on the more important ones!  But of course
> we're happy to do this however council feels, or let someone else do it
> if there are other volunteers, etc.

Well said.

Now, the next step would be to go to trac
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/trac.cgi/ and take ownership of the relevant
tickets.
At this point,
"Milestone Decide on final output format (especially for reference
section)" looks like the right one to me, but you might check that with
Sebastian.   If you have a more detailed plan of the issues involved,
and the way you want to proceed, we would appreciate if you also tell
trac about it and let us see it.

Christian

--

  Christian Wittern