[tei-council] a chance in a million for a lucky Council member

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Feb 28 14:45:46 EST 2007

Sounds fine. If I've learned anything it's not to get between tasks and
volunteers ;)

-dan

On Wed, 2007-28-02 at 08:01 +0000, James Cummings wrote:
> Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
> > I wonder if this might not need more than just two people: there are a
> > number of issues here: information design, layout, output formats (HTML
> > +/or PDF), stylesheet design, etc., etc., etc.
> >
> > It seems to me that this might profitably be seen as a group of people
> > working under a lead who take complete ownership of the problem and
> > deliver by the milestone.
> >
> > There are other groups/deadlines coming. You can see them at the Trac
> > site: http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/trac.cgi/roadmap
> >
> > If Dot and James want to lead this that would be superb. But perhaps we
> > could put together a larger workgroup?
>
> I think that this already is the case in some ways.  The council as a whole is
> the larger workgroup.  If Dot and I work in a focused fashion to produce
> something and then report back to Council, for opinions, etc., then revise what
> we've produced with those suggestions in mind, then that has the same effect in
> many ways.  Rather than splintering the task amongst a larger number of people,
> I wanted to keep it fairly tightly-knit.  As you say there are lots of other
> milestones that need working on, and if Dot and I take away this one, then some
> of the other council members can work on the more important ones!  But of course
> we're happy to do this however council feels, or let someone else do it if there
> are other volunteers, etc.
>
> -James
>

> > -dan
> > On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 16:47 -0500, Dot Porter wrote:
> >> Hi Council,
> >>
> >> James and I volunteer for this task. We feel that we'll be more
> >> effective working together than either of us would be separately (that
> >> and James still need to finish up an initial draft of Conformance).
> >>
> >> Dot

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191