[tei-council] solving unnumbered divs (bis)

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Jan 17 11:50:45 EST 2007

I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that a large part of
the decision to support both <div0> and <div1> (just as with the
decision to support both numbered and unnumbered <div>s)q was because
different communities within TEI were quite stuck on one or the
other. In many ways the TEI is a set of community consensus
Guidelines (as opposed to a standard from on high or a set of best
practices, although I daresay it has elements of those, too).

I doubt those communities have changed their love of one over the
other, although perhaps with the advent of XSLT they are more willing
to have local vs interchange formats that differ.

Of course, now that our pricing structure is based on "div0" as the
most expensive, we can't very well start at "div1", can we? :-)