[tei-council] solving unnumbered divs (bis)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 17:49:11 EST 2007

I have done some more work on this, and I am able to solve
one of the problems. I have implemented Syd's No1 Hack
in the ODD processing, whereby any model class which
has no members is replaced by "_DUMMY_". It shuts
up the XML processor nicely. So far so good,
it would let you entirely delete any kind of div.

Now, supposed we have *two* classes, one
for div and divGen, one for divGen, div1 and div0. Now
we can say that you can have one set or the other.
All well and good, we don't need the Schematron thing
any more.

Spotted the problem? yes, its <divGen>. If its
in both classes, its ambiguous.

I could make _another_ class for divGen, I suppose.
Oh lordy lordy.

Anyone got a suggestion to get me out of this last hole?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk