[tei-council] numbered divs, a proposed solution

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Feb 9 20:32:57 EST 2007

I'm sorry, I just realized I never responded to this!

SR> yes, its technically OK. but if you have
SR>   (DUMMY | foo), (DUMMY2 | foo)
SR> and you meet just a "foo", where does it come from?

The first parenthetical -- since it is not a <DUMMY> it is required
to be a <foo> in order to match, as one or the other of the two
element types in the first parenthetical must be matched. But note
that if I meet just a <foo> it's not valid (since the model requires
two <foo>s in a row, presuming our good sense tells us DUMMY elements
are not allowed).

SR> Anyway, having divLike classes adds the enormous advantage that you
SR> can now easily add your own new object to be a child of <body>.
SR> Don't tell me *that* was easy before!

Yes, absolutely. This is a definite big plus I am all in favor of
(and have always assumed we would do since the class meeting in
Oxford).