[tei-council] Personography budget

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Nov 22 18:29:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

I did get a response after all. Thanks go to our treasurer, Daniel
Pitti, who is working above, but apparently not beyond, the call of duty
this Thanksgiving week.

> At the end of the year we need to reconcile the account. If next
> year's budget is covered by projected revenue, and we maintain a
> modest "cushion," then I see no reason why we cannot reallocate the
> unspent portion of this year's council budget. At the moment I am
> still waiting to receive reimbursement requests for the board meeting
> in Victoria, and reconcile actual member meeting spending with what
> was budgeted. At that point I will know where we stand.

This agrees with my recollection. The expectation, moreover, was that we
should be able to reallocate--i.e. allocate back--the unspent portion
for the personography work after the books are balanced.

So provided the books do balance, I believe we will be able to get board
approval to supply the money. I would also second the suggestion made by
Lou (I think it was) that we consider inviting a representative of the
Ontology SIG. They were in a very working-group-like frame of mind and
are eager to see some real progress in this area.

-dan
--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English

Department of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox +1 403 329-2377