[tei-council] membership changes, preparations for the teleconference of the TEI-Council 2006-11-22 12:00 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Nov 14 20:01:14 EST 2006

Dear Council members,

As Sebastian noticed, we are getting a bit behind ourselves with
respect to the scheduled telecon next week.  This is partly due to
preparations behind the scenes -- most importantly changes in
membership.  Since I haven't seen it announced elsewhere, here we go:

The TEI Council is proud to welcome among itself two new members who
will take office as of next January, but will start observing our
doings immediately:

Arianna Ciula (King's College)
Tone Merete Bruvik (Univ. of Bergen)

We also greet the returning members James Cummings and John Walsh who
are willing to work with us for another two years.  Arianna and Tone
should be added to the council list, but just in case I am also
ccing.

In addition to that, we have among us the new Chair of the TEI
Consortium, Daniel O'Donnell.

As you can see, the lines will be quite crowded on the next meeting
(and I am still investigating other options, suggestions welcome).

For the time being, @John: could you please set up the call as usual
and post the numbers to the list?

I am also collecting items for the agenda and will send out the agenda
on the weekend.  Please look at the action items at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm26.xml?style=printable and report were
possible to the list about your progress.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern