[tei-council] reviewing SA again;what is standoff?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 10 05:07:34 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Stand-off is only one use-case for XInclude, and I daresay it is one
> of the less common ones, at that. Boilerplate text or managing
> chapters is probably much more common.

indeed. which is why the harsh strictures on XInclude are
misleading in 14.9?

personally, I think we should drop 14.9 entirely, and
remain agnostic on the subject. It gives an odd view
of XInclude, and talks about standoff in a way which
I claim is not consonant with the way the rest of the
Guidelines sells it (tho not under that name).

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk