[tei-council] date-stamping <desc>

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Oct 9 10:59:16 EDT 2006

So I'm beginning to think that what we want is not a date-stamp, but
rather a version number for each canonical <desc>, and a version
number reference for each translated <desc>. Would that do?

  <desc xml:lang="en" version="2">Fooble fibble</desc>
  <desc xml:lang="zh-tw" translationOfVersion="1">...</desc>

Of course, if the version number were in a format like 2006-10-09,
then there's not much difference from a date stamp. So it's the
criteria for incrementing a version number (or date stamp) that is
important, probably.