[tei-council] date-stamping <desc>

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+tei at pitt.edu
Sun Oct 8 11:00:40 EDT 2006

Dear Sebastian (cc Council),

Do we have a standard mechanism for date-stamping in general? It seems
that needing to review the Bulgarian translation of a description
because the English one has changed may not be all that different from
having to update chapter QX because chapter XQ, which refers to it, has
changed.

Similarly, Syd's argument about what counts as the "last updated" date
would seem to apply to updates of any sort in any project. Is there a
"best practice" among software developers for dealing with this?

Best,

David