[tei-council] on regularizing names

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 09:53:30 EDT 2006

I don't think I really grok the use case here.

a) If it is a regular editorial correction, the usual <choice> is used,
I assume:
"it says Sebstian in the text, in fact that was a printers error
and its Sebastian really"

b) If it says "Sebastian" in the text there and "SPQR" there,
and you  claim these are the same person, you'll point
from each to a header record which gives the full name.

What third situation are you talking about where
you do inline normalization?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk