[tei-council] next telecon 12 days away

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:18:29 EDT 2006

Christian and Council,

Conal and I have been working on recommendations for linking text and
image, and we will post them to the council list tomorrow. Please add
this as an item to the agenda.

Thanks,
Dot

On 9/15/06, Christian Wittern <wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Council members,
>
> Our next realtime conversation is scheduled for Wed. Sep. 27, 2006 at
> 2100.   As always, I would like to remind you to look at the minutes at
> http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm25.xml?style=printable
> to see if you have any open action items.  Now would be a good time to
> catch up.
>
> As to the technical side of the conversation, I was wondering if it
> would be worth trying to use Skype for our telecon?  I noticed they
> claim that they can support conferences of up to 500 people.  I did
> quite a few transpacific conversations recently which went quite well
> (at least technically speaking), but only with 3 - 4 people
> involved. Nothing fancy, audio only -- but hey, you can see the waves
> people make when they speak, which makes it a lot easier to see who is
> talking (or making other noises for that matter).
>
> If you think it might be worth a try, why don't you give me your skype
> id (mine is cwittern).  I'll be hanging around Monday 18th at 1200 UTC
> to chat with those who are willing to spend a few minutes testing
> this.  If we can get seven or eight guinea pigs, and it works well, we
> might try it for real next time with everybody, and even save some
> money on the phone charges.  (unless somebody comes up with a
> compelling reason not to try this or with better services elsewhere --
> I for one just find it so much comfortable with a standard headset
> rather than a headset for a phone)
>
> Oh yes, I am also collecting agenda items.  Please tell me what we
> need to talk about (except, errh, filenames?)
>
> All the best,
>
> Christian
>

> --
>
>  Christian Wittern
>  Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
>  47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN

Dot Porter, University of Kentucky
#####
Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549
#####
Editorial Assistant, REVEAL Project
Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
porter at vis.uky.edu