[tei-council] Re: [TEI-L] What would you do?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 18:41:46 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:
>> http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Conformance
>>
>> Sebastian posted this to TEI-L. I feel that this document is *so* far
>> from what would be good and right for TEI, and if interpreted as
>> policy could be *so* damaging to TEI that, despite the warning
>> Sebastian applied, I felt compelled to change it. It now refers to
>> the 5 degreees of TEI interchangability, rather than levels of
>> conformance.
I dont like the phrase
"degrees of interchangeability", but
if it makes you happier, so be it. However,
I have removed the sentence mandating
content of <teiHeader> at the start, because
that is covered by AACR final paragraph, and
it really conflicts with the rest of the proposal.

I also made the first sentence even stronger,
hope thats OK.

If you're still unhappy, Syd, it could make sense to
make two sections in this doc, viz "Sebastian's ideas"
and "Syd's ideas", to make it even clearer that
these words are part of an ongoing debate.

I wish I had a better feeling about
whether Wendell on TEI-L is
ploughing a lone furrow, or
expressing the view of the silent