[tei-council] Possibilities for new file names.

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 06:38:43 EDT 2006

Dear Council,

Just a reminder to look at the Short Names proposal and make comments
(especially against) it, otherwise it will be implemented on 2006-09-01.
(According to the minutes of the last conference call.)

I had originally intended my suggestions below as a straw man, from which a
consensus of a better set of names might be reached after some bickering. :-)
I'm not entirely happy with them as they are and feel that they still might be a
bit long.  Remember that this would most likely also affect the URLs on the
website as well.

Are the current two letter abbreviations better? Should we just use chapter
numbers? Do you have an even better suggestion?

-James.