[tei-council] how much can one customize and still have a TEI document?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 12:02:32 EDT 2006

as regards the mandatory things in the header, my thinking in my wiki
document was
that there two things

 a) I am a  TEI document, ie I use the TEI namespace, I have a header
 b) I am a TEI document of a style which conforms to AACR guidelines

I'd rather the TEI didn't tie its entire conformance to some
western-centric library
guidelines. The TEI should say what it means to have a TEI document
which makes
AACR happy, but it should not limit its docuverse to that.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk