[tei-council] adding (non-)Struct elements to <date> & <time>

Laurent Romary Laurent.Romary at loria.fr
Mon Jun 12 06:07:37 EDT 2006

As a matter of fact, TimeML is currently going ISO. Following a
workshop that was held in March between the TimeML people and the
Sigsem/ISO group on semantic content representation, the group
(chair: Harry Bunt, Univ. Tilburg) decided to prepare a new work item
proposal on temporal annotation that was sent around a few weeks ago
for ballot within ISO/TC 37/SC 4. TimeML will be a strong inpiration
source for the future standard, but as usual within TC 37/SC 4, the
idea would be to generalize (and clean up!) the proposal, in
particular to identify generic descriptors usaful in various temporal
annotation settings. I guess the timing would be perfect to have a
joint activity between the two group. In this very case, it may not
be necessary to share the exact syntax on the two, but at least make
sure that there is a strong cross-fertilization on the topic. I guess
that having a couple of volunteers to keep track of ISO progress (and
meetings) would be a good start.
What do you  all think?
Laurent