[tei-council] adding (non-)Struct elements to <date> & <time>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jun 11 10:43:44 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:

> Why is <offset> in this list at all? I.e., I think maybe <offset>
> should not be a member of att.datePart.

It's there so that you can mark up things like "ten days after Easter".

There is an argument for saying we should throw all that clever stuff
from time/dateStruct away and use something like TimeML
(http://www.timeml.org/site/index.html) instead

If we're not sure why it should be there (and thinking about it again,
I'm even less sure than I was), then let's not have it at all.