[tei-council] TEI next release

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 10 16:45:43 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:
> As I've said before, I think it is much better to push out releases
> whenever P5 is in a reasonable and stable condition, rather than on
> some predetermined temporal schedule. This would result in much more
> frequent releases, giving us a much better image of "we mean
> business", and potentially giving us better feedback, etc.

I do agree. But only if we work at a much faster schedule
producing something where people will see a difference.
As it is, the 6 monthly release is the fallback to show
the users _some_ signs of life.
> Yes, I would say that the HTML generated from `make html` needs to
> work. On my system last I checked it still generated a single
> index.html file with the prose of the Guidelines, but href=
> attributes that refer to (non-existent) chapter files.

OK, I can promise to do that before the release, ie
not generate HTML with dangling links

> IMHO one of the most important things to do ASAR is to fix the
> various problems with the roma-generated customized documentation.
> While this can be done independently of a release of P5, it is far
> more important, and should be done first.

You'll have to remind me what these problems are.

Better, lets get them listed as bugs on Sourceforge, so that
we have a record of what was reported and when it was fixed.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk