[tei-council] adding (non-)Struct elements to <date> & <time>

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun May 28 18:06:04 EDT 2006

> > Should we add <date> and <time> to att.datePart, which declares
> > * value=,
> > * type=, and
> > * full=,
> > in order to mimic what <dateStruct> and <timeStruct> had? I'm
> > inclined to say "yes", but I'd prefer some consensus before actually
> > doing it.
>
> I don't quite see the utility of @full, but I assume it has been
> defined for some purpose, so "yes".

As no one said anything else, I've effected this change. However, I'm
with Christian on this -- why is an abbreviated date different from
an abbreviated name? If a name is abbreviated, I put <abbr> with

But there is another, bigger problem that I didn't realize until I
was actually starting to do this. Putting <date> and <time> into
att.datePart changes the datatype of the value= attribute from just
'data.temporal' to 'data.temporal | data.duration'. Does anyone have
any strong feelings about this either way?

> Could you add a note of what you did to the tcw07 document? That
> would allow as to track these changes in one place.

Check, will do.