[tei-council] note on <note>

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri May 26 21:15:06 EDT 2006

Dear Council members,

I'll make another try at discussing where <note> should be allowed to go.

At the moment, we have <note> in

model.noteLike model.biblPart model.entryParts.top model.msItemPart model.personPart

model.noteLike = {	 note witDetail }

which then is used in 	model.inter and  model.common

My proposal would be to simply add model.noteLike to model.global and
remove it from the other model classes mentioned above.

This would also necessitate a change to the description of
model.global, which currently says "(global inclusions ) groups empty
elements which may appear at any point within a TEI text.", but I'd
say we will have to revise that anyway since <fw> is also not empty.

Another question is then what to do about witDetail, which presumably
makes no real sense in some of the places it could appear then, but
that will surface only if textcrit is selected anyway.

Comments please.

best, chw

--

 Christian Wittern