[tei-council] resolving the Birnbaum Biznai

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 20 09:26:09 EDT 2006

Lou's Laptop wrote:

> The only fly I see in the ointment is that it would appear to preclude
> my using a particular class in different ways. In other words, I might
> have one element in which I want members of a class to be allowed in
> an alternation, and another in which I want them in a sequence. That
> cannot be done in the present implementation, if I understand krekly,
> without redefining the class.

I now propose an amendment to my scheme, to answer this. Viz, you will
able to ask
for _multiple_ patterns/entities to be generated. So potentially a
content model could refer to:

   model.foo                       (a|b|c, alternated, as now)
   model.foo.sequence      (a,b,c)
   model.foo.optsequence (a?,b?,c?)

Does that answer the objections OK?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk