[tei-council] revised agenda

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed May 17 18:57:00 EDT 2006

Agenda for the meeting of the Council in Kyoto May 18 and 19, 2006.

Meeting place is Kyoto City International Community House, room 3
10 am to 5 pm.

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, James Cummings, Matthew
Driscoll, Dot Porter,Sebastian Rahtz, Amit Kumar Laurent Romary, Susan
Schreibman, Conal Tuohy, John Walsh, Christian Wittern, Matthew
Zimmerman

Agenda:

0) Review and adaption of agenda

1) Review of the minutes and action items

   Minutes of the last  meeting (2006-04-25) are at
   http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm23.xml?style=printable

2) Review of WG etc. progress
   PB (still waiting for a document from Murray McGillivray), the WG
   website is   at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/PB/index.xml?style=printable

   PERS Matthew Driscoll, see http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/PERS/
   but also expecting a separate report

3) State of P5
   Report from the editors

4) Standoff Markup review, cf
		http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2005/001163.html

5) Review of the class system

 cf http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcw07.xml

6) Other proposed changes:
   biblItem, cf http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2006/001332.html
   note, for example http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0605&L=tei-l&T=0&P=1484
	 review of name regularization (cf. Syds note to the council list)
   schematron rules in P5 (how to proceed)
   Durand conundrum (what to do with content models rng or odd)

7) Roadmap, schedule??
  I wonder if we at this point could try another attempt at coming up
  with a credible work plan towards a stable and trustworthy P5.
  cf. Sebastians plan: http://www.tei-c.org/Council/roadmap.xml?style=printable

8) Meetings:
 next call, sometime mid July?

--