[tei-council] 'fw' element part of model.milestoneLike?

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:45:19 EDT 2006

Susan and I also noticed this. One could argue that it's
milestone-like in the sense that a running head or catchword can
function as a reference point between sections or pages, but it does
seem odd that fw is the only milestone element that isn't empty.

On the other hand, must all empty element necessarily be milestones?

Dot

On 4/19/06, James Cummings
<James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
> I happened to be looking at at the 'fw' element
> http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/ref-fw.html and wondered
> whether it should really be considered part of the
> model.milestoneLike class (as it currently is), since, allowing content it isn't
>  really, well, 'milestone-like'.  Is it?
>
> Just curious,
> -James

Dot Porter, Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
University of Kentucky
351 William T. Young Library
Lexington, KY  40506

dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549