[tei-council] class struggle

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 04:44:11 EST 2006

Lou Burnard wrote:
> James Cummings wrote:
>
>> Incidentally.  Wouldn't it be more useful if
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw84.xml actual showed the *real* content
>> models in the 'Content Model' table cell?  Currently it does not show
>> attributes/attribute classes.  Although the attribute classes are
>> mentioned in 'Classes' table cell, individually declared attributes do
>> not appear and so one must click on the element link (to taq.xq) for
>> each and every element one is looking at.
>>

> With respect, I have to say that "content model" does what it says on
> the tin. Attributes are not part of the content model!

Ok, I guess what I meant was that for the current class war it would
be easier if the last column of that table had the 'Declaration' of
the element, which does include attributes.

I.e. When I click on msItemStruct, if gives me Sebastian's XQuery
which spews out the following:

http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Query/tag.xq?name=msItemStruct

Seeing the declaration cell of that table would be more useful.

But, that said, I'm off to Wakefield/Breton Hall.

-James