[tei-council] FAND strikes

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Feb 4 11:44:40 EST 2006

> There will be complaints anyway. Call it human nature...

A lot of complaints. Nonetheless, and even though I am not at all
sure that I support FANDs efforts to remove numbered <divN>s from TEI
entirely (given the empty-class solution is so much better from a
user perspective), I think it is probably a good idea to knock
numbered <divN>s out of TEI-Lite. After all, it's supposed to be
light.

And if some stalwart reactionary numbered-div supporting ideologue
wants to create a TEI-N-Lite that has 'em, it will be trivial for him
or her to do so.