[tei-council] Proposal for a Council Meeting May 2006 in Kyoto

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 15 03:51:29 EST 2006

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> writes:

>>P5 News -- Report on the recent developments etc.etc.  Lou or Syd
>>

> I wonder whether something more focussed than "P5 News" might not
> be sensible? after all, personography and I18N are P5 News anyway.

Right.  I was jotting this down while our youngest wanted my help
making him falling asleep (I am very good at that), so did not spell
it out carefully.  Please consider "P5 News" for the moment just to be
a generic placeholder for a P5 slot, which hopefully the editors will
fill with substance.

> but you know best what the locals would most likely
> respond to.
>
> for another talk, maybe you and James could expound
> on eXist and XQuery and the like in the TEI context?

Yeah, that sounds quite interesting.

>>hold the workshop on the preceding Wednesday, for example May 17 or
>> May 24 followed by Council meeting on May 18/19 or 25/26.
>>
> I'd prefer the May 17/18/19, but could do the week after too.

It looks like this is the more likely contender then.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern