[tei-council] Proposal for a Council Meeting May 2006 in Kyoto

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 14 09:12:03 EST 2006

Christian Wittern wrote:

>At a recent internal meeting, I got the go-ahead and basic budget
>approval for a meeting to be held in conjunction with the TEI Council
>meeting in Kyoto.

excellent!

>The idea is as follows: From an ongoing grant we will support travel
>and stay for 5 Council members by inviting them to participate in an
>open workshop that is to be held the day before the Council meeting.

sounds perfect to me

>New Zealand Text Archive -- TEI, Topicmaps, MADS, CIDOC... Conan
>
>TEI Internationalization -- state of the project, examples, etc. Sebastian
>
>Personography -- Report on the efforts of the WG etc.  Matthew
>
>P5 News -- Report on the recent developments etc.etc.  Lou or Syd

I wonder whether something more focussed than "P5 News" might not
be sensible? after all, personography and I18N are P5 News anyway.

but you know best what the locals would most likely
respond to.

for another talk, maybe you and James could expound
on eXist and XQuery and the like in the TEI context?

>hold the workshop on the preceding Wednesday, for example May 17 or
>May 24 followed by Council meeting on May 18/19 or 25/26.

I'd prefer the May 17/18/19, but could do the week after too.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk