[tei-council] Personography workgroup charter

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 12:47:17 EST 2006

As discussed at the last Council telecon, Christian and I have now
drafted a charge for the "personography" TEI activity, which we have
also discussed with Matthew Driscoll.

Council is requested to review and approve the document, which is now
available at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/PERS/persw01.xml

Matthew reports that he has already set a student (Eva Wedervang Jensen)
to work on part of the work and that she has already  nearly finished
a review of the following: EAC (Encoded Archival Context), HEML, epiDoc,
various genealogists (http://xml.coverpages.org/genealogy.html and
references there), MODS, METS and NOMEN.

I am sure he would appreciate suggestions for any other schemas which
should be investigated.