[tei-council] (very) Brief status report on P5

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Dec 16 01:31:25 EST 2005

Thank you, Lou, for posting this.

> [Syd may want to add to this]

Only 2 things come to mind to add, one which has occurred since Lou
posted the list.

7. Most of our XPointer scheme names have been registered with W3C.

8. Spurred by Torsten Schassan's bug report on Sourceforge[1] I went
   through and fixed lots of phrase-level encodings in the content of
   P5, mostly by fixing type= of <ident>. Well over 120 fixes made.
   28 <ident>s found which I want to ask Lou about before changing
   them. (Expect that list over the weekend, Lou :-)

> 1. During October there was extensive work on attributes and datatypes,
> which was completed in time for a release of P5 (0.2.1) to take place on
> the 21st.
>
> 2. During November, the priority was to work on classes. A detailed
> programme of work was agreed following the Council meeting in Oxford,
> and is now complete. Full details of the changes made are available from
> http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw92.xml
>
> 3. Some outstanding issues remain on the class front, in particular
> there is still need for a  review of many chapters not discussed at the
> Oxford meeting.  Enough work has been done, however, to proceed to the
> revision of chapter ST, which is the next priority.
>
> 4. In December, Matthew Driscoll visited Oxford, resulting in a number
> of minor corrections to the MS chapter.
>
> 5. A new "listPerson" element has been introduced to facilitate encoding
> of "personographical" data: this was tested on some data supplied by
> Matthew which now forms a new component of the test suite.
>
> 6. New material for inclusion in chapters SA and NH has been received
> but not yet reviewed by both editors.

Note
----
[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1378784&group_id=106328&atid=644062