UPDATED: [tei-council] draft agenda for TEI council telecon 2005-12-16 1200 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Dec 15 19:09:26 EST 2005

In light of the recent discussion, I would like to modify item 3
to make it a more general consideration of future TEI development. For
the convenience of having a complete agenda in one place, I will just
quote the rest as well.   -- Chris

Christian Wittern <wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> TEI Council Members and Editors:
>
> This is the draft agenda for the conference call the TEI Council will
> hold Friday, December 16th, 2005 at 1200 UTC.
>
> Please read through the following, in advance of the call.
>

> INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:
>
> Participants will dial in to +1-812-856-3600
>
> The Conference Access Information is listed below:
>
> Conf Id:        2974
> Date:        12/16/2005
>
> PIN:        000920#
>
> Expected members to participate:
>
> Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, James
> Cummings, Matthew Driscoll, Dot Porter, Susan Schreibman, Sebastian
> Rahtz, Laurent Romary, Natasha Smith, Conal Tuohy, John Walsh, Perry
> Willett, Christian Wittern, Matthew Zimmerman
>
> (please alert me if I did forget anyone!)
>
> Edward Vanhoutte excused himself and is busy working on his thesis while we talk.
>

> In addition to the voice connection, we also expect to communicate via
> IRC. Instructions to connect are as follows (quoted from James
> Cumming's message):
>
> Ok, on the day of the council call I'll set up a password (or 'key')
> protected channel called #tei-council the joining instructions are the
> same and I'd still suggest joining the #tei-c one.  Once there type:
> /join #tei-council 2expensive
> and in most IRC clients that will get you there.
>
> (instructions also at: http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/IRC)
>

> Agenda:
>
> 7 items, ca 5-20 minutes apiece.

> 1) Review of the minutes and action items (10 min)
>
>    Minutes of the meeting are at
> 	 http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm19.html and
> 	 http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm20.html
> 	 To speed up the review of action items, *please report to the
> 	 council list* before the call as far as possible!
>
> 	 We will discuss the reports during the call as necessary.

> 2) Review of WG etc. progress (10 min) :

3) Proposal for new work items

  We need to decide on where we want to go this next year.  We should have
  enough money to fund about one WG meeting (in Europe, ~6 members?)
  beside the Council meeting.

  Proposals floating around ask for a personography task force (I take
  task force to mean, as we used the word earlier, a group charged
  with a rather specific task and a lifespan in the order of 6 months)
  and a page-linking task force.

  Are there other areas in urgent need of attention? We need to think
  about how to prioritize this and allocate our efforts accordingly

> 4) P5 progress:  (20 min)
>
> - on attributes and datatypes
>
> - on classes
>
> - other changes

> 5) Other business  (5 minutes)
>

>  TBA

> 6) Meetings: (5 minutes)
>
>    Next teleconference: Mid February, please have your diarys ready.
>
>    Council meeting 2006?
>

> --
>  Christian Wittern
>  Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
>  47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN

 Christian Wittern