[tei-council] draft agenda for TEI council telecon 2005-12-16 1200 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 13 20:20:04 EST 2005

TEI Council Members and Editors:

This is the draft agenda for the conference call the TEI Council will
hold Friday, December 16th, 2005 at 1200 UTC.

Please read through the following, in advance of the call.

INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:

Participants will dial in to +1-812-856-3600

The Conference Access Information is listed below:

Conf Id:        2974
Date:        12/16/2005

PIN:        000920#

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, James
Cummings, Matthew Driscoll, Dot Porter, Susan Schreibman, Sebastian
Rahtz, Laurent Romary, Natasha Smith, Conal Tuohy, John Walsh, Perry
Willett, Christian Wittern, Matthew Zimmerman

(please alert me if I did forget anyone!)

Edward Vanhoutte excused himself and is busy working on his thesis while we talk.

In addition to the voice connection, we also expect to communicate via
IRC. Instructions to connect are as follows (quoted from James
Cumming's message):

Ok, on the day of the council call I'll set up a password (or 'key')
protected channel called #tei-council the joining instructions are the
same and I'd still suggest joining the #tei-c one.  Once there type:
/join #tei-council 2expensive
and in most IRC clients that will get you there.

(instructions also at: http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/IRC)

Agenda:

7 items, ca 5-20 minutes apiece.

1) Review of the minutes and action items (10 min)

   Minutes of the meeting are at
	 http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm19.html and
	 http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm20.html
	 To speed up the review of action items, *please report to the
	 council list* before the call as far as possible!

	 We will discuss the reports during the call as necessary.

2) Review of WG etc. progress (10 min) :

3) Proposal for new prosopography WG

  As discussed on the Council list, a new prosopography WG has been
  proposed.  I would like to take the necessary steps for starting the
  WG, that is finding a chair, writing up the charge, find members and
  start work.

4) P5 progress:  (20 min)

- on attributes and datatypes

- on classes

- other changes

5) Other business  (5 minutes)

 TBA

6) Meetings: (5 minutes)

   Next teleconference: Mid February, please have your diarys ready.

   Council meeting 2006?

--
 Christian Wittern