[tei-council] W3C Xpointer schema registry

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Nov 20 18:05:58 EST 2005

Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Syd Bauman wrote:
>

>>>Now it is essential that we move along quickly to get our schemes
>>>registered. I think Syd would be the right person to ask to submit
>>>our proposal. You will need a public access account of the W3C for
>>>this, for which you apply at [1].
>> OK. I'll plan to work on this very soon; hopefully will start
>> tonight, finish tomorrow.
>>

> Hold on there a minute. I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but I
> really don't think this is more urgent than completing the class
> work. That may be because I don't know exactly what it is that you are
> expecting Syd to do , of course, but my belief remains that the
> highest priority at the moment is for the editors to complete the work
> initiated in Oxford, and not to be distracted by other considerations.

Syd first has to apply for an account, which should not take more than
five minutes.

> I am also a bit worried that we should be sending off proposals to the
> W3C, of any kind, which have not actually been seen by the COuncil as
> yet. Or were these "schemes" seen so long ago that I have forgotten
> them already?

Please have a look at

http://www.tei-c.org/P5/Guidelines/SA.html#SATS

As Syd said, we need to register the names most urgently, since that
is a first-come, first served situation.  But I would also like to ask
Council members to look at the above again and raise any concerns or
issues that needs updating.

All the best,

Christian

--