[tei-council] Re: Personography discussion

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 08:35:27 EST 2005

Laurent Romary wrote:

> Hi,
> Am I being stupid or is it just the purpose of the W3C xml:base
> attribute? We could integrate it into P5, couldn't we?

xml:base would typically apply to links in the  whole document. these
person links are
just one small section.

of course, Christian can always use #foo to point to a section in the
header which points
to a further URL if desired.

but I agree with Christian's conclusion that decision on this should be
delayed and form
part of the agenda for a personography meeting. Apropos of which, I will
be working from
January for a short time each week on a TEI version of a name-related
project, and I'd really like
it if we could  make this a big focus of work in 2006 Q1. It does not
seem beyond the bounds
of possibility to get all the work done in time to review at  a council
meeting in May.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk