[tei-council] gaiji in PCDATA, or <g> in text

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 07:38:48 EDT 2005

Syd Bauman wrote:

>* A new class, 'tei.gLike' which has only 1 member, <g>
>* A new macro, 'macro.xtext' which is declared
>  macro.xtext = (text | tei.gLike)*
>* Wherever <g> is desired, use reference macro.xtext instead of
>  rng:text.

with the caveat that the macro does not work in all situations
(because of DTD weird things), so sometimes "text | tei.gLike" is needed
by hand

><institution>      allow <g> (should be macro.phraseSeq, no?)
><locus>            allow <g> (maybe should be text only?)
><origPlace>        allow <g> (should be macro.phraseSeq, no?)
><repository>       allow <g> (should be macro.phraseSeq, no?)

hard to disagree with your conclusion about these

><origDate>         text only

sure about that?

I am very glad you cleared up after my initial "bull in a china job"
canter through the "text", Syd.  This cheers me up.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk